Back at our place but waiting for the call from Talgot - translator and our driver. They decided to go to the Ministry without us so we don't have to go out in the rain! They will pick us up and go straight to the baby house from here. The people here are so nice and accomodating to us. I wish we could communicate better. Steve needs to stop pointing while he talks and I've got to stop crossing my legs! The temp is dropping here fast. I wonder if the rain will turn to snow soon. People really bundle up here. We are hot but can keep our balcony door open when needed. They like to clean all the time, especially the floors. Full time moppers and sweepers! This poor guy has been sweeping the leaves in the parking lot all day in the rain.
Its so hard to believe we are here and to this point! Gotta go phone ringing- OK - more time they are still waiting. I have so much respect for how well they can speak English but it takes a lot of concentration to follow what they are saying. Not that I see many people at home who can't speak English but if I do I will certainly be nice and helpful. It is hard to be in a place where we don't understand anything! I kept trying to think about that yesterday while we were at a government office. Talgot would say "they might ask you" or "as you wish, no problem". I was thinking if I took someone to an office and they wanted more information it would be no problem for me. It is just understanding what they are saying. They have all our papers and everything should be set. Just like any government they ask questions, might be slow, and take days off. You know how you might try to overhear a conversation if think they might be talking about you - well try hearing a conversation right in front of you, knowing it IS about you and regarding life changing issues but you have no idea what they are saying! Very odd and humbling. Pray for us to be confident today and have peace with our decision - God has brought us this far and won't leave us now! Soon to finally meet D's little broder or sisder! We know our parents are surely helping us from above! We are in good hands.







Hi Julie,
ReplyDeleteHow exciting that you are just hours away from meeting your new lil one. I remember being in your exact shoes... waiting for the call that they were picking me up and taking me to the BH. I will be waiting for your next post and sending you lots of good thoughts and prayers.
Love, Carolyn
So excited for you guys!
ReplyDeleteHopefully waiting will be the hardest part of your trip to Karaganda!
ReplyDeleteGood Luck!
T
My heart is beating fast with excitement for you knowing maybe you've already met someone special today. We hope to hear wonderful news soon!!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to your next post! So exciting!
ReplyDeleteQuaintance
Hi Julie & Steve!!
ReplyDeleteWe are so glad everything is going well for you guys. We are so excited for you & are praying for you. I get on your blog a couple times a day. Wish I was there with you. Can't wait to hear about your new little one, see pictures and meet him/her.
(I dind't know we could write comments -- so glad we can!)
Hi Julie,
ReplyDeleteI am sorry that things are not going that smoothly. There are a lot of people keeping your family in their hearts. I am sure things will click into place soon. Best wishes -- I hope it happens very very soon.