Luckily our flight out is on Monday. Having today to pack is awesome. D just called us from the airport and he is loving it. We gave him his own digital camera last night at our early bday party (just the 3 of us)and told him to take pictures of his adventure. He was so excited last night he was taking pictures of everything. We told him he could email his pictures to us later so he went to the bedroom and came out saying "I took a picture of the baby's crib so you can show it to them!" When he was in bed he put the camera on a pillow and covered it with a blanket saying "he'll be fast asleep, he's got a big day tomorrow." Today he continued taking pics of everything including us so he "wouldn't forget". I'm so glad he is excited and happy. Saying goodbye was terrible for me and I really can't even think about it. We worked so hard to get him and we've never left him for more than one night. This length of time is something we cannot comprehend right now and we must take it day by day, hour by hour, and minute by minute. I'm actually doing better than I thought I would be. I've definitely learned over the past few years that I'm a much stronger person than I thought I was.
Steve has been so great and is ready to go. This has brought up so many emotions its hard to describe.
We are so grateful to all of our friends and family who have supported us through this process. Especially in the last couple days. I had people running all over town and country for us and we TOTALLY appreciate it ALL!!! And special thanks to our nephews for staying at our house and taking care of our man's/woman's best friend who we will also miss greatly. :)
I'm not sure when I'll be able to post again but as soon as I get a chance I will.
Please pray for safe travels with no complications. Please pray for our strength while we are away from our son.
We are off to church right now then back to packing, weighing, packing, weighing!
Thanks and LOVE to all!!!
ps - there's not going to be much proof reading anymore so good luck following my ramblings!
Julie,take a deep breath and relax this is going to be a journey of a life time, one we cannot wait to follow, safe travels.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to your next post from Kaz.
Amanda.
Enjoy your trip .. the first 24 hours of the trip will be a bit tiresome ... but keep your eye on the prize!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to hearing about your first impressions of Kazakhstan
Wowsers - congrats on starting this very exciting leg of your very exciting adventure!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes! So very exciting and fast! Safe travels, and can't wait to hear from you from the other side!
ReplyDeleteWe are sending our prayers of support, and will keep everyone who is caring for your son in our prayers as well. Cannot wait to follow along! Safe travels!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a safe and happy journey! Keep well rested and enjoy this adventure!!
ReplyDeleteQuaintance
Safe and smooth travels and happy happy meeting of your new little one!
ReplyDeleteJulie, I am thinking of you sooo much!! Safe safe travels!! We also are not taking our daughters after all and my sadness over it (as we always planned to take them) is mixed with motions of relief as I know that we will have time to focus on this new little family member. I am so excited for you and I look forward to hearing the good news! G-d bless you and your family!
ReplyDeleteSteph
Our prayers and best wishes are with you all! We cannot wait to see pictures of your new son or daughter!
ReplyDeleteLove, Lori, Tim, Morgan and Brady
Wishing you safe travels on your journey of a lifetime! Enjoy every moment.
ReplyDeleteJulie and family,
ReplyDeleteBig Congratulations!!! Wow the long wait is finally over. We are so happy for you!! You guys will be in our prayers. Can't wait to see the pics of the new addition.
Ali and Chris