We had a wonderful reunion at the airport! Even though it was midnight and an hour further than our local airport Derek and I were joined by both of my sisters, 1 bro-in-law, 4 of D and Cody's cousins, and 2 of my great friends. It was an awesome surprise and made us feel like we were being followed by the paparazzi! I'll get some of the photos on here soon.
Cody and D have both been great. Cody watches him like crazy and D loves showing him every toy we own. It has been a great day filled with visitors and fun.
Cody is adorable. He is so happy and smiles all the time. He's got some crazy dance moves which are hilarious. We are enjoying every minute. He also goes to sleep so easily (knock, knock, knock on wood). I just hold him with his blanket for a few minutes then lay him in his crib and leave. Easy as pie! Could be because he is exhausted from all the travel and excitement or he has been well trained by his foster mom for the past 3 weeks. Either way I hope it sticks!
We're all doing great - so happy to finally be a family together. Even D keeps saying "I can't believe Cody is really here!"
I'll try to get better pictures on here soon, but 3 out of the 4 of us are sleeping and I'm going to join them now!




.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)



Julie, i couldn't be more happy for you when I saw your post. How amazing you had such support as you greeted your son. What wonderful friends and family you have. Cody looks adorable - his hair grew or got darker and he is just precious. I can't wait to see the airport photos. What a special moment! I assume your family and friends came back to your house after?
ReplyDeleteSteph
congratulations on finally beginning your new life together.
ReplyDeletebest wishes for the future
Congratulations Julie! What a relief and a blessing. Can't wait to see pictures.
ReplyDeleteHope you are feeling stronger every day.
Love and Prayers,
Janie
Congratulations! What an awesome reunion, can't wait to see the exciting pictures. Enjoy these fun first days together. You will soon feel like he has been with you forever and you won't remember life without him. That is the best!
ReplyDeleteI am so very happy for you all...The new forever chapter begins.
Julie
So very happy to hear you are finally all together, congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteDiane
Giant congratulations, it's great to see you all together!
ReplyDeleteI'm so, so happy for you! Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful family. It makes me so happy to see all 4 of you together. Looking forward to seeing more pictures and hearing more stories. Congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteAndrea