Monday, September 20, 2010

Thanks!

Thank you so much for all of the nice words and good advice.  Just reading all the comments made me feel better.  We have made a couple of changes and I think its getting a little better.  First of all I now just put his pillow and blanket on the floor in the living room for nap time.  Cody lays right down and has been taking 1.5 hr naps each day - right in the middle of the floor.  It is bright and I'm walking around, so I guess he prefers that over a dark, comfortable bedroom.  Good to know! :)

Also, we started playing music in his room at night instead of his noise machine.  Last night he didn't cry until 4am and then I might have been a little quick to respond.  He wasn't standing so he might have gone back to sleep by himself if I hadn't gone in.  I did sleep on the couch in his room from then on but he didn't wake up again until 7:30am.  That is very good - we'll see how it goes tonight.


Cody napping on the floor!

Thanks again for all the comments - I'm still taking them all in and trying out all angles. I'm going to bed now and hoping I get 8 hours of sleep!  I'll keep updating on our progress.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! It sounds like you've made great progress! Thank God for giving you creativity and insight into what works for Cody. I will continue to pray. Many blessings and sweet hours of sleep to you all!
    Shan in CO

    ReplyDelete