Today D and I went to the zoo. It was a great day. The zoo was not very crowded and since we didn't need a stroller etc. we were able to see everything we wanted. D was so fun and he made it walking from 12-6 throughout the park with no complaining. It rained a little so we took a train ride, then the sun came out again. D asked for a coin to throw in a fountain because he wanted to make a wish - for a brother or sister. Later he said "can you just get me a brother?" We shall see....
It was really good for D and me to do something fun on this day because it is my Mom's birthday. I felt like I needed to do something she loved. She took me to our zoo many times but was only able to go with D once. She loved watching his excitment. I'm glad she was there for his first trip to the zoo. She taught me the love of nature and so much more. I wanted a picture of us in front of the butterfly garden sign and D said he could take it. I said OK, assuming eventually we'd have to ask someone to take it but I was wrong. He stretched out his little arm and his first try was amazingly good.
Happy 4th birthday with Jesus, Mom. I miss you!.....everyday








No comments:
Post a Comment