Friday, August 14, 2009

Waiting with Trust

Well, we've been waiting for a while now. I don't know if it's hard waiting or just not knowing. I have so many feelings about everything. Sometimes it's so exciting to think about everything that will be happening in our lives ...soon...but scary. We were talking about names the other night which was fun. We have many girl names we like but are struggling with boy names. But, now that we're talking about it we are starting to believe it will happen, which makes us want to get going! If we were going for our first child I think the waiting would be much harder. Since we are leaving our precious D at home - that makes it easier because part of me doesn't want the call to leave. I try to trust God that everything will work out but the thoughts of a total stranger half way around the world looking for a child for our family can be difficult to swallow. Each night I pray - and several times throughout the day :) that God will guide her and she will be open to His guidance. It reminds me of the saying we put on our Dear Birthmother booklet about 6 years ago. "Trust Your Angels to guide your steps. Trust your feet to take them." So I'm going with that. God and my Angels please guide us and help us to be confident in our steps.

I know people say you may think you know what you want but really you don't know until you have it in front of you. This may very well be true, but for what its worth, right now I think I want a baby girl. We'll just have to wait and see what God puts in front of us.

1 comment:

  1. I think the waiting is the worst, our dossier is also in Kaz and we are hoping to travel before they vote on extending the bonding time fingers crossed, we are also with WHAL Amanda.

    ReplyDelete