Oh my goodness! I am a blog lurker who is also waiting for our Kaz LOI. I love your comments and check for updates daily. What great news today! Congratulations! Good luck packing--what an amazing thing that it will happen so soon! Hang in there! --Kara in KY
Congratulations! We can relate as we had only 2-3 days between "the call" and the flight. In spite of the panic - know that all will come together and you WILL be on that plane as prepared as you'll ever be to meet you new little one. Happy packing and good luck with the flurry of preparations! I'll be thinking of you and wishing you the best.
oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how did this happen so fast? how ready were you before this with packing etc? Your visas arrived, your fingerprints, etc? I am in a tailspin myself and I still have a few more days than you. Still ordering stuff off the internet tonight. Are you traveling with your son? we now might not and I feel torn, but might not be a choice anymore as my brother, our caregiver while there, had a conflict. I suppose you won't even have time to write back so please know that we are thinking of you and wishing you the best as we both journey to the other side of the world!! Best wishes!!!!
Aug 2008 - Sent applications to Cherub International and Journey Home Adoption
Jan 2008 - started seriously researching international adoption
THE STARFISH POEM
Once upon a time there was a wise man
who used to go to the ocean
to do his writing.
He had a habit of walking
on the beach
before he began his work.
One day he was walking along
the shore.
As he looked down the beach,
he saw a human
figure moving like a dancer.
He smiled to himself to think
of someone who would
dance to the day.
So he began to walk faster
to catch up.
As he got closer, he saw
that it was a young man
and the young man wasn't dancing,
but instead he was reaching
down to the shore,
picking up something
and very gently throwing it
into the ocean.
As he got closer he called out,
"Good morning! What are you doing?"
The young man paused,
looked up and replied,
"Throwing starfish in the ocean."
"I guess I should have asked,
why are you throwing starfish in the ocean?"
"The sun is up and the tide is going out.
And if I don't throw them in they'll die."
"But, young man, don't you realize that
there are miles and miles of beach
and starfish all along it.
You can't possibly make a difference!"
The young man listened politely.
Then bent down, picked up another starfish
and threw it into the sea,
past the breaking waves and said-
"It made a difference for that one."
Oh my goodness! I am a blog lurker who is also waiting for our Kaz LOI. I love your comments and check for updates daily. What great news today! Congratulations! Good luck packing--what an amazing thing that it will happen so soon! Hang in there! --Kara in KY
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS!!!
ReplyDeleteSay Hi to Karaganda for us!
I look forward to reliving our trip through your blog ;-)
T
That is crazy and amazing! Congratulations - can't believe everything happened at once. Have a great trip - we'll be thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteWowsers - congrats!
ReplyDeleteWow!!! So exciting! That was FAST! Good luck packing!!!
ReplyDeletePack, pack, pack, pack, pack!!! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteQuaintance
Mom to Madina (from Almaty)
Congratulations! We can relate as we had only 2-3 days between "the call" and the flight. In spite of the panic - know that all will come together and you WILL be on that plane as prepared as you'll ever be to meet you new little one. Happy packing and good luck with the flurry of preparations! I'll be thinking of you and wishing you the best.
ReplyDeleteYou'll probably be too busy packing to check your Blog but Congratulation!!!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes for safe travel and I look forward to following along.
Allison
oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how did this happen so fast? how ready were you before this with packing etc? Your visas arrived, your fingerprints, etc? I am in a tailspin myself and I still have a few more days than you. Still ordering stuff off the internet tonight. Are you traveling with your son? we now might not and I feel torn, but might not be a choice anymore as my brother, our caregiver while there, had a conflict.
ReplyDeleteI suppose you won't even have time to write back so please know that we are thinking of you and wishing you the best as we both journey to the other side of the world!! Best wishes!!!!
Best wishes! Can't wait to follow along on your journey!
ReplyDeleteBest, Pam and Nicholas (b. Ust Kam 7/10/05; a.4/12/06)