Sunday, December 6, 2009

Home!

WE ARE HOME SAFE AND SOUND!! All flights went well until some snow in Washington D.C. seemed to put a major halt in the removal of baggage from the plane and delays in planes leaving, but after a few hours and some confusion we were off again. The Astana airport seemed to handle the snow much more efficiently :)

We are now very anxiously awaiting D's arrival. My niece flew to my sister's and their return flight just got in.....I can hardly stand the waiting! Thanks Allison for bringing him home.

We arrived home to find a few surprises!
A welcome home sign and balloons! Thanks friends
A clean house! Thanks Mimi
A repaired section of our concrete driveway! Thanks Dad
Christmas decorations and a visit from St. Nick! Thanks Em & Chelsea aka Elves

What a great return!

We are super tired.

Steve &

4 comments:

  1. Steve and Julie,
    So glad you're home safe and sound. What a trip! When is court set for? When do you get to bring Cody home? What tremendously generous friends and family you have. I'll bet the surprises were a nice welcome home present. It's good to have friends. :) Is D excited to be a big brother? I'll bet he can't wait to bring the baby home.

    Hugs,
    Ali and Chris in England

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool!! I am glad you guys got home ok. Happy St. Nick or whatever you say! Haha I will see you guys today or well Sunday at Mimi's.

    -Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great welcome!!! Enjoy your little D!!!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. WELCOME HOME!!!! We know your reunion with D will be just amazing, and we also know time will fly until it's time to return to Kaz. We are just thrilled for you, and we are counting on crossing paths with you in the New Year!!

    CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are almost "home" forever!!!

    Karen.

    ReplyDelete