He has no fear. He climbs and will try to grab or open anything he can get his strong little fingers on.
He can point to his nose, teeth, tongue, hair, feet, socks and more I'm sure.
He gives hugs and pats, blows kisses, waves and loves to cuddle.
He is obsessed with closing doors and cell phones.
He loves to rub bare legs.
He loves to dance.
He is on his 4th round of 10day antibiotics since he has been home.
He poops about 4-8 times a day leading to diaper rash and my rough, sore hands - I guess caused by the antibiotics.
He is totally like a 2yr old - when he knows he is not supposed to touch something so he puts his fingers right by it and looks at me inching them closer and closer. He shows his temper when he can't have something but then he'll try again!
He has SO many toys but prefers the DVR, remotes, laptop and phone.
He bonks his head a few times a day, but this seems to be improving daily as his walking improves.
Words Cody can say so far.... but this list grows daily!
bottle
bye
shake
outside
meow
woof (oddest bark I've ever heard but he's consistent with it!)
monkey sounds
ball
nose
three
down
easy
stay
kitty cat
bird
dada
and the best for last - mama
He can sign "more" and "eat" which has been very helpful.
He is getting so much stronger and walks better each day! He used to keep his hands in fists and his toes curled, and his feet pointing outward with wide steps. It is amazing the way he has improved each week. He walks staight, his legs are close, his hands and feet are more relaxed. I think he is just so much stronger all over. It was so hard for me to believe that he was that weak but now it just makes sense! He has even started to run.
He gets a million kisses a day (give or take a couple). I'm sure he thinks we are crazy!
He is so snuggly and soft its hard to keep off his cheeks! He seems to really have bonded well with all 3 of us.
We finally got the surgery scheduled for June 25th. They will operate on his hernia and both eyes. We are pleased to get it done at the same time so he won't have to go through the process of surgery twice.(and we won't have to watch him go under twice)
Cody will be baptized in May. We will combine the celebration with his 2nd birthday.
I cannot even explain how very blessed we feel by having Cody in our family. God gave us a miracle.







Julie,
ReplyDeleteWow so many blessings. Way to go Cody! We have missed 'seeing' you guys around. Thanks for the sweet update. :)
Ali & Chris
RAF Lakenheath, UK
Julie,
ReplyDeleteIt's so great to catch up with you all and hear that Cody is doing so well. Love is an amazing equalizer! I'm sure he goes to bed each night exhausted but with a smile on his face.
As you know I just went through Lexie's "routine" surgery and the recovery really throw me for a loop. So the more "loving" time you have before his surgery the better off you'll all be. He'll feel secure that you will be there to help him feel better and that's all they really want. Our ordeal was so much harder on me than Lexie. She still hasn't talked about the blood or the ambulance ride so I think she was pretty out of it. Oh yeah, I'm sure they told you but be prepared for him to come out of the anestesia confused and mad. Most of the kids seemed to be thrashing around and "angry." For both of Lexie's surgeries (she had her first set of ear tubes put in at 28 months) she was the opposite. When they rolled her little gurney out of the OR she was silently looking around with big tears rolling down her face. It just broke my heart. Once she saw me then she would cry and want me to hold her. I got in the bed with her - I didn't care what they said. She calmed right down once she was snuggled tight. And I have a couple of songs I sing - badly - to her every night and that helped a lot during our long ride in the ambulance and then that night at the hospital. So try to establish some routines now that you can carry over to your time in the hospital and during recovery. I'm sure Cody will do great and he's so blessed to have his family who will love and comfort him through this. Luckily they really won't remember it. It's us moms that will never forget!!
Take care and hey don't forget the pictures. We want pictures!!
Lou Ann & Lexie too
I am so happy to see Cody and your family doing so well. Sounds like he is thriving. We'll follow along. Jacqueline
ReplyDeleteHi Julie -- Just checking in. It sounds like Cody is settling in really well -- that is great news! We had the same poop/antibiotic issues with Max. Nasty! He had super bad diaper rash, too (complete with open sores -- ouch!). But, it all finally cleared up and things are totally normal now. You'll get there, too. Cody is an amazing little boy with a fantastic family. We are so happy for you all!
ReplyDeletethis is a wonderful list!! i think i'll have to do one for Major too. I am impressed with Cody and also relieved to see our boys are exactly alike in many ways. He loves gary's hairy legs, and also has a unique "bark" for any animal. It is an unusual woof sound. We must compare! ;-)
ReplyDeletesteph