Friday, April 16, 2010

WE ARE THE TRUTH

With the international spotlight on one horribly failed adoption from Russia, the Joint Council on International Children's Services issues a call to action to celebrate the beauty and joy of adoption. The "Tell the Truth" campaign is a way of relaying the many successful stories of adoption.

Our Adoption Story....

I have always felt in my heart the desire to adopt, however I never could have imagined the journey my family would take in order to make this happen.  After many years of struggling with infertility, we were blessed with a successful pregnancy.  Our son was born in 2004.  We had difficulties again and decided to pursue adoption to grow our family.  I felt a calling to International Adoption and we decided on Kazakhstan.  Although our trip was filled with many obstacles, finding our son was so worth it. 

Cody arrived home on February 18, 2010.  It was the most wonderful reunion for us and seeing the excitement in D's eyes when he finally met his little brother was something I'll never forget!  The way Cody immediately looked at D and watched his every move was priceless. 

The joy and love that Cody has brought into our family is truly remarkable and more than I could have ever dreamed it would be.  He has only been living with us for 2 months but he is such a part of our family.  He is so sweet and loving.  Our boys play and laugh together everyday.  He is growing and learning so much already. 

We love Cody and are totally committed to him. We will care for him and provide whatever he may need so he can have the best opportunity for a secure and happy life.  We already cannot imagine life without him. 

We hope and pray that International Adoptions will continue and that all children will someday have a loving family to call their own.

May God bless all the waiting children, moms, dads and siblings.

1 comment:

  1. This is great - I have had a few people ask me my take on the Russian situation, and I feel compelled to let them know there are so many GOOD stories! Thanks for sharing yours! And hey we should meet sometime!!

    ReplyDelete