2 years ago what was Cody's birthmother doing?? Choosing to give life to a baby boy who would later play on a swingset on the other side of the world built especially for him and his big brother.
After we met Cody and knew his birthdate I checked my old calendar to see what was going on in our lives during that time. I found it awesome that he was born on the day our playset began construction.
I do not know what circumstances led his birthmother to make her decision but obviously her life was not perfect at that time. We will always be grateful for the gift we received from her. I wish her peace with her decision and much joy in her life. I wish she could know how well he is doing and how loved he is....maybe in her heart she does.
We are so blessed to have been chosen to parent, care for and love this child. It is a responsiblity we do not take lightly and we will do our very best to provide the best life for Cody that we can.
So on Cody's second birthday as we celebrate having him in our family I cannot say Thank You enough to his Birthmother.
The link below is for a song from the perspective of birthmothers. Cody is definitely a gift from God given to us through his birthmother and this he will know.
Happy 2nd Birthday Cody!







Beautiful Julie! Thank you for sharing and Happy 2nd birthday Cody.
ReplyDeletea beautiful video with such a powerful sentiment!
ReplyDeleteThis is an amazing post!! Check out the new song (find it on youtube b/c it's not on itunes yet) by Steven Curtis CHapman called MEant to Be. I think you will see it fits our stories perfectly .... Let me know what you think!
ReplyDeleteHe's a gorgeous little boy and I love the photos of Cody and his big brother.