Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Please Vote No

Well if I haven't said it before THIS IS A REALLY HARD PROCESS! I'm annoyed today. The government in Kaz is deciding if they should change the length of time for visitation from 14 days to 30 days! They will vote in October. If it does pass we don't know when it will take effect. This would be a terrible change and would most likely make us cancel everything! Then what the heck would I do.... UGH
I guess I'll just have to hope and pray that this does not pass and that we will get our region assignment and travel dates soon. I really just want to get over there and meet our baby! That's about all I have to say for now. My next post will be full of joy! (I hope) :)

I had a great conversation with a fellow blogger and future Kaz mom, who I met through our adoption agency. It is always helpful to know someone else has the same thoughts and fears as me. Blogs are such a great way to watch the journey of a family as they grow. They make you realize the world is not so big after all. Hopefully ours will take off soon and others can watch and be a part our ride.

6 comments:

  1. Wow this is a shocker. Can you please share the source of this information? I was not aware of the possible change to the required number of days for bonding.

    Let's hope and pray that this will not happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! my family is also waiting for LOI, our region is Kostanai, I just heard recently about the chance of extending the bonding period, if you would not mind emailing me to let me know if this came from a reliable source, I would really appreciate it. If you would like we can follow each others blogs as we travel. Let me know, and I will send you an invite to my blog.
    Colleen, from PA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get to travel very soon. Hopefully they won't pass that, heard about it in July when we were in Kaz for trip#2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awful! I sure hope and pray they don't do this. 15 days is hard enough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julie,
    I'm so glad you contacted me! You have such a lovely family. I am familiar with Russian adoption as my sister went through that process back in 2002/03. Adoption is such a wonderful gift. You are very brave because it is an extremely emotional, but very rewarding roller coaster. I would love to follow your journey to complete your family. If you would, please try to upload my new 'duckie' image and tell me if it works.
    Allison from England

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course you never really know what will happen but it may comfort you to know that this is not the firsst time there has been an attempt to lengthen the bonding period...and there is also a proposal to shorten the time. My gut says nothing will change. ..but my fingers are crossed for you (and all of us).

    ReplyDelete