I guess I didn't spend my weeks preparing quite enough! I've certainly found many things to make me worry, stress over and cry about because I don't know what I'm doing! I get really mad at myself when I feel unprepared and that is what I feel right now. I SO want to go get Cody and bring him home and I have for weeks, however at this moment I feel not ready. How in the world does this happen. I'm more emotional than with the first trip, which I think had a lot more uncertainties. I thought this trip would be just so fun and exciting. Am I really that dependent on Steve for my strength and security? I am very glad he will be home with D. I think D really needs that. He has been very attached to me lately although extremely excited to meet Cody. The first trip I thought I knew what to expect and I thought I was prepared (at least my paperwork was prepared). This time I know too much. I know I can't expect to know what to expect. I also falsely trusted the world's airport security. I guess I was naive and now I'm not so much.
Well, plenty of people do this - I'm at the end the final step of this adoption journey and so its time.
Time to put my trust in God and just go. I've done all I can, I've waited long enough, I've made it this far and I will finish. I'm strong enough, I'm good enough and dog-gon it Cody is waiting to come home!
A great big THANK YOU to Kristi for traveling with me - I'm so happy to have her as our travel companion!
Also, thank you for all the wonderful and encouraging messages we've received this week. We are truly blessed with love and support!
Please pray for our safe travels and a smooth trip!
Julie







Go get your boy!!! Safe travels! Can you believe you're finally...almost...the mother of two?
ReplyDeleteYou are going to do great and so is Cody. Can you believe you'll be holding him soon and then he'll be snuggled with you in bed?! That's when you'll know he's yours forever!
ReplyDeleteSafe travels,
Lou Ann & Lexie too
Take a deep breath :) Change is exciting and scary. Cody will be with you soon and your family will finally be together. How amazing is that!!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful trip. I'll be sending lots of good thoughts your way.
Allison
Sending tons of support!!!! This second trip will fly by and you'll be in a fog most of the time anyway -- just keep focusing on the fact that you'll be home before you know it!! We plan to do just what you're doing -- my husband will stay home on the second trip, so that one of us avoids exhaustion and jet lag from the travel. It's all going to be fine!!!
ReplyDeleteYou will be in our prayers. We can hardly wait to see you bring him home!!!
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you.
Jim & Michelle
Julie, I saw on the WHAL yahoo group that you are not feeling well and have been met with some obstacles. I am very worried about you and thinking of you. I will be in Almaty in a few days .... if there is any way that I might help you, please let me know.
ReplyDeleteStephanie